Thursday, February 4, 2010

UGH

Well Naomi had therapy today. She had 4 seizures while she was with the Speech and PT who see her together on Tuesdays. She was tired today, and hopefully will take a nap soon! Her appointment on Tuesday is 8:30, bright eyed and bushy tailed! Not so much!
Four is about what she usually has for that first 1/2 hour then she goes to OT and is better, having 0-1. Today however after one of the seizures the speech therapist noticed that her smile was lopsided for a brief time afterwards. I've heard of Todd's paralysis but we've never seen it in Naomi. I'm thinking that's exactly what this was. So now I'm watching her closely and after her seizures making sure that everything is where it should be.
I'm also marking this as strike 2 against Zonegran. Strike one being that she is less vocal since being on it. I'll be talking to the nurse soon and will be sure to mention my grievances in order to try to get Naomi back off meds sooner rather than later.

No comments: