Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentines From the Nursing Home





When I opened up a card from a family friend I almost cried to see these two Valentines inside!
These are to my kids from Jeanette, "the Crayon Lady".
Jeanette was a friend of my grandparents. She had a stroke in 2008 and had to move into a nursing home. She remembered it was my birthday July of 2009 and called to tell me Happy Birthday from her room. She was moved to another facility and no one told us and she called my parents to make sure we all knew.
She has ALWAYS sent us cards. She sends cards to me and all my cousins, plus our kids and probably most of our spouses. Bill has always said it's a shame Jeanette remembers his birthday every year, but his mother often forgets. It's not just birthdays though. It's every holiday under the sun!
My cousin and her daughter just went and visited Jeanette last week and her hands were really crippled up and knowing that makes these even more special!
Jeanette worked at a factory that made crayons, markers and water colors. She has supplied us since I was young with more of all of that than you can imagine.
Before she went to the nursing home I stopped with Naomi to see her at her house. Out she comes with 2 grocery bags full of crayons and such. I said "do you want me to choose which ones we need". "OH NO," she said "they're ALL for you!"
Jeanette is such a blessing to our family!

1 comment:

Lisa Christine said...

Those are such lovely Valentines. I can tell that Jeanette is a very loving lady....a friendship to cherish, for sure.

Happy Valentines Day to you!