Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snowy Day

This is out front of my house at 3 p.m. There's a 4 lane road there somewhere.
Today several of the area schools took a look at the radar and decided to release kids at 1 pm.
Not Isaiah's school. He has math club after school and I called to see if it was cancelled. It was not. It is going on as planned. So he's still in school. Thankfully my dad has a Dr appointment in town today at 3:50 so he's picking Isaiah up before he goes to the Dr.
I'm thankful I don't have to bundle up Naomi and take her out. She needs a nap anyway! She is refusing sleep. I've got the electric blanket warming up and it's just waiting for her and I to jump in!
I'm hoping for a snow day tomorrow! I'd like a 3 day weekend as well as Isaiah. Plus it's always rough on the kids going back to school after a long holiday. This will help ease the transition!
I'm wondering if the administration is having second thoughts as they load our precious cargo onto buses and they drive off on unplowed roads?

2 comments:

SuzanSayz said...

I realize that by now all of those children have been safely delivered home. But that certainly is worrisome to think of the buses out there possibly sliding a bit here and there. I continue to hold out hope that someone will come up with some cheap, easy to come by, material to mix in with asphalt that would keep all roads at a minimum of 50 degrees. Wouldn't it be wonderful to know that no matter how cold it was or how much sleet and snow, our roads would never ever turn to deadly black ice.
Gee, at an even 50 degrees I doubt that even a heavy snow storm would have a chance to build up on the roads.
Come on someone more knowledgable than me, DO SOMETHING!!!!

Lisa Christine said...

Don't you just lvoe electic blankets! They are such a treat when it is cold and snowy outside :)