Sunday, November 29, 2009

Family Photo

My cousin asked if I had a photo of the 4 of us together. No. He couldn't believe it.
I'll work on it. I told him. So on Thanksgiving I took my camera with me to my friends house and had her try to take a photo of us. Am I happy with it? No, but getting a picture of the 4 of us is like getting your drivers license photo taken. It's never gonna be great, just go with what you get! After 4 or 5 tries this was the best. It's only the best because I cropped it also! My camera has an extremely slow shutter speed and I don't know how to correct it!
Don't ask what Isaiah was doing. He should be the easy kid! Then Naomi was distracted by the items on the mantel and would not turn around with out screaming because we were trying to take her away from something that looked like it would make a good missile. We tried to stand her beside ups but she was not having that. Oh well. At least I have proof we were all at one place at one time, at least once in my kids childhood!

4 comments:

Fawn said...

Hey, that's not bad! We hired a professional photographer to do a family photo and she took over a hundred pictures! Guess what, everyone's looking at the camera in the best one, but only two of us are smiling. That's how it goes with kids. Unless you are my SIL and then I don't know how she does it but they have great family photos all the time. Grrrr!!!

Fawn said...

Oh! And there's no way to speed up your camera shutter speed without getting a new camera. Compact cameras with just two batteries in them will always be slow because it takes a lot of juice to charge the flash. A slightly bigger one with four (FRESH!) batteries will be much faster. That's the trade-off you make for size.

Lisa Christine said...

I have to admit, I am obsessed with family photo's. We just had our family portraits done for the 4th time in 2 years this last weekend. I think I am so afraid of this stage of life being over that I am trying to capture it in anyway I can. So pictures it is.

I think that yours turned out lovely. much better than a drivers license picture, for sure :)

SuzanSayz said...

Hey Jenny, when it comes to family portraits I hear ya! We haven't had a current one in over 8 years. I think you look really pretty though if it's any consolation. And don't worry about Naomi, we already know what she looks like. tee hee