Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veterans Day

My dad's Marine photo about 1968
My Grandfather on my father's side was in WWII as was his brother. Both in the Navy.
My Dad was a Marine for 2 tours of duty in Vietnam.
My Father in law was in the Army during the Korean War.
My cousin, and two different cousin's husbands were in the current war.
But saddest of all is Bill's uncle James Ray Sargent who's mother reluctantly signed papers for him to join the military at 17. He went to Vietnam when he turned 18. He only lived a short time. His remains were just identified in 2005. Fragments of him were found and they took DNA samples from his brother and identified him that way. His remains were buried at Arlington National Cemetery. Here's another website in honor of him with pictures.

1 comment:

SuzanSayz said...

I hate to think where our country would be today without all of these brave women and men.
God bless each and every one of them as well as their familys left behind.