Monday, November 9, 2009

Last Treatment

Today is my Dad's last chemo treatment. Sometime this month they'll do another bone scan and CAT scan to see how it's worked. Got to be good news right? It's about to be the holiday season!
He's doing great! He never lost his appetite but isn't as active so he's put some weight on, but that's much better than wasting away. They check his finger and toe nails because they can fall out, but none of that has happened.
He was here last night and as he sat on the couch Isaiah sat stuck to his side, Naomi on his lap, playing with his chest hair. The dog sat on his shoulder, yes his shoulder, she has to make sure she can stick her head between him and any grandkid that wants more attention than she is getting.
When he got up to leave Naomi took off running and cut him off at the pass. She stood firm in front of him and threw up her arms so he'd pick her up.

2 comments:

David said...

wishing him all the best!

SuzanSayz said...

I'll keep him in my thoughts. It seems to me, that the fact that he did so well during his treatments should be a positive sign.
I am also familiar with the "Grandchildren Block". Sometimes as I try to leave Donald and Lisa's the girls will try their hardest to stop me. Sometimes it's passive aggressive, (like telling me 20 times as I walk to the door how much they love me, knowing that I am legally required to stop in my tracks and tell them I love them too.)
Sometimes though they bring in the heavy guns and physically try to stop me. We all realize of course that it is a fun game, (after a bit, more fun for them than grandma) but it does feel good to know how much they love me.