Monday, September 22, 2008

Hosptial #2

So I called the closest satellite clinic for Hosp. #2, I wasn't even sure they had a pediatrics dept. I called they said they did have pediatric neurologists but they only came to that site one day a month or so and they were booked until January but they'd connect me to the main campus if I'd like to make an appointment there. This was on Monday. Main campus said "How's tomorrow at 4:30 work for you". I said I'll take it! I didn't even need a referral! My husband took the day off work, he felt bad about not being with me when the other hospital made me cry. So we show up for the 4:30 appt. we didn't even have to wait! I showed the new Dr. ,we'll call her Dr. T, the video I'd captured of my daughter. Immediately she felt she knew what was going on. She said "she definitely needs and EEG" and picked up the phone! Called 2 floors down!!! And said "I'm sending a child down for EEG do you have time?" So hospitals can just do an EEG, just like that!!!!!!! HUH! Well by 4:45 we were in the elevator headed for EEG. By 6pm we were headed home, we had the EEG done, Dr. T had read the results, gave us the diagnoses of Myoclonic Astatic seizures. Myoclonic -meaning muscular and Astatic- meaning that sometimes she falls during them. We had a prescription for Keppra with instructions to call and talk to the clinic nurse "M" in about 2 weeks. We were ecstatic! Just to have a diagnosis and a prescription! WONDERFUL! Everything happens for a reason and if that woman at Hosp #1 hadn't been such a witch we'd never have been to see Dr. T. She also told us at this appointment that an MRI should probably be done at some point in the future but we'd talk about that later.

No comments: