Tuesday, September 23, 2008

MRI findings

On the MRI they found a mild periventricular leukomalacia or "PVL" that likely happened either while I was pregnant or during delivery. It is very mild though and Dr T said not to make too much of it, they can see so much of the brain now that there may be people walking around who've never had an MRI and have the exact same thing and will never know it. Of course I cried over it, I think any mother would beat herself up a little. Was it because I didn't completely give up caffeine? Was it something I did? I did fall down a few steps that one time, but I caught myself and didn't even really land on anything!? NO it was nothing I did it just happens. When I "Google" PVL when I got home it scared the crap out of me!! It always brought up cerebral palsy, they pretty much go hand in hand. A therapist told me though that you can have a PVL and not have CP and also you can have CP and not have a PVL. Also her balance, muscles coordination everything is great. The child has amazing balance. Bottom line, most likely there's no link between the PVL and the seizures.

No comments: