Friday, July 3, 2009

A Funny for the Fourth!

Once when we were first married and living in North Carolina we were sound asleep.
It was daytime. We worked 3rd shift so we slept odd hours.
Our doorbell rang.
Bill , being high strung, ran straight downstairs without thinking and threw open the front door.
I mean, he RAN! Like someone shouted FIRE.
Standing there in nothing but his underwear, his mussed up hair, a chest full of tattoos of skulls, scorpions and dragons (I think I'm so used to them I don't even notice it anymore!) . He greeted a man who lived down the street.
He was the preacher at a nearby Baptist church and wanted to invite us for Sunday service.
Think we went??? UHHHHH NO WAY!!!!!! We'd have been forever the heathens that answer the door in underwear!
Note: my dad bought us a Mega Millions ticket for tonight's drawing. If we win the tattoos will be the first thing we get rid of! He was young and dumb and had a friend who had a tattoo gun and needed practice! But I seriously don't notice them anymore and I thought I'd hate them forever!

2 comments:

Meandering Michael said...

Ha ha, I had a good laugh over this one. :)

SuzanSayz said...

You are so dead on about the tattos there Jenny. My youngest Courtney has had two of them (one on each hip) since she was I think sixteen. Really amateurish, ugly ones too. And do you want to know why?
One of her friend's creepy boyfriend had a tattoo gun and was looking for people to practice on.
Fortunatly a few years later she met another aspiring tattoo artist (different set of friends) who was pretty good, and she had him put a nice flower over the ugliest one.