Thursday, July 16, 2009

Naomi's diet is now at 4:1

We just raised Naomi's diet to a 4:1 ratio (that's 4 grams of fat for ever unit of protein + carb). Of course the same day her last molar seems to really be bothering her.
I thought she was going to bite the end off the Nuk brush at therapy today! She's already shredded one! They had never seen that done before! She's a little shark I tell ya! I don't see her tooth. I don't know if you can feel it or not. I'm not about to stick my finger in there to see either! She bit my finger so hard one day she dented my fingernail!
Tuesday she had a great day. Only 8 seizures all day. That was before the ratio change.
She's been sleeping a lot better lately too.
Funny thing. You know when kids teethe they usually get diarrhea? She's the opposite! She didn't go all day yesterday and if she doesn't go today I'll have to take action. I've already been giving her Cal Mag Zinc twice a day instead of once. Usually if I give her more than 7.5 ml a day she has runny poo. For two days now I've given her 2 doses and nothing!
I gave her a 4:1 ratio meal Tuesday night and Wednesday her urine ketones had dropped really low which is exactly the opposite of what I expected to happen!!! That stupid tooth is causing all this! I'll be so happy when it finally comes up! It started coming June 19! Almost a month ago! My birthday is a week from tomorrow. That's all I want for my birthday! Her tooth!

No comments: