Friday, July 10, 2009

Our Trip to North Carolina


Here's Naomi on the ride south.
The sun was driving her nuts so we had to make a "curtain" out of a pillowcase.
She kept wrapping her Elmo blanket around her head and it was so cute!
The child Loves her books!!



This is Naomi talking to the dishwasher!
The friend we stayed with bought the house out of foreclosure. The dishwasher still worked fine so she kept it. But MAN is it noisy! When it would run Naomi would stand in front of it and kind touch the top of it like she thought someone was in there that needed help! :) She'd step back, study it then run right up on it. She's definitely got some sensory issues going on with her hearing. Sometimes it looks like she's trying to catch the sounds.




There was lots of swimming! Isaiah's back looked beet red after day 1! But he's luckily like me and it didn't hurt. Just turned to tan by morning.


These 2 have been friends since Isaiah was 6 weeks old. They're 2 years apart and even though they haven't seen each other since July 2007, they just picked up where they left off. Just like their mothers. It's great to have friends like that.



Here they are after a day of playing. They fell asleep on the same couch. Isaiah told me in the morning "I didn't sleep very well Austin kept kicking me all night". I told him to try sleeping on the other couch by himself the next night!


While we were there my friend's 17 year old daughter had to go have her Senior pictures taken at her High School and asked me to go with her to help her get changed and carry her stuff. I went but I asked her "what if I start crying?" and she asked why I would cry! I said "BECAUSE YOU'RE HAVING YOUR SENIOR PICTURES TAKEN AND HAVE JUST GROWN UP TOO FAST!" I've known her since she was about 2 and the time has just soared by! Seems like she was just Naomi's size not long ago! She is a great girl. She hasn't missed a day of school since she started Kindergarten! I'm sure she'll keep it up through her senior year and be very responsible as a university student. She wants to be an architect.
While we were at the school I saw one girl getting her photos taken with her two kids. They looked to be about 4 and 2 years old and were cute as buttons. I can't imagine having her life! I give her all the credit in the world though for sticking with school and going for her diploma!


1 comment:

David said...

i have never been to north carolina! i will eventually go there. I know that lisa went there with elisabeth once. Nice new look to your page!