Friday, July 3, 2009

Things I don't understand...

I really don't understand California handing out IOU's! I wonder if the state of Ohio would take an IOU for our income tax. Or even better the city and county taxes! Our city owed us $1 one year and we've never seen it! Never even got an IOU!



Why did it take the feds to seize Madoff's penthouse and evict his wife. I know people who've just been accused of crimes and law enforcement has gone in taken appliances, curtains, popped tiles off the floor! Anything that may have any value. All this before a trial.



What the heck David Carradine was doing when he died. When my neighbor lady said early on that she'd heard it was a sexual thing and that they have several cases a year come into the ER at the hospital she works for I thought "Seriously!!????" But yep, she said most are young guys and they either end up brain dead or damaged.



How Bill can be almost 40 and ask me what insomnia means!



The appeal of the Dave Matthews band.



How the William's sisters are so extremely dominant in tennis! I mean one family member but 2! That's a lot of hard work and determination.

Why they feel the need to put so much adult humor in kids movies!

How our local university has no money to pay people who've worked their most of their lives, but can build a new top notch soccer complex and football stadium. Both with artificial turf. So many schools put more into sports than academics. Although I must say.... the construction company doing the work is going at it starting at 7 a.m. 6 days a week. How do I know??? Open a window in my house and you hear "beep, beep, beep, beep, beep" all day long! ( the sound of the equipment backing up)The complex is very near our house!

and just in time to post this.... Why is Palin resigning as Governor July 26...hmmmmmm.....

1 comment:

SuzanSayz said...

I do have an answer for at least one of those;
If you pay attention to the Disney and Pixar movies (I know, Same company different divisions) You will notice that if there is anything of an adult nature it will be clean, not some stupid obvious sex joke to go over the kid's heads.
I liken it to Joy Behar of the view saying that the only way a comedian can get laughs is to incorperate LOTS of swearing. Oh right. Just look at the wonderful Ellen Degeneris. never swears and gets a laugh every time. Because she is just plain FUNNY!
Not a fourth rate talent like Behar, who needs a drunk audience to get even a snicker.

The other movie makers are the same way. Their product is just plain inferior to Disney's. That's why they have to stock it with Celebrity voices and put in as much "Blue" humor as they can.

The only CGI non Disney film that has ever been really good was Kung Foo Panda. No disgusting inuendo, or jokes meant to go over kid's heads.

I hope I don't step on toes here, but I think the super inferior films I'm talking about were started with that stupid Shrek.
Man I hate those movies.
A perfect example of a film that can't get a laugh on it's own, so it relies on stupid, and quickly out of date, pop references.

Gee, I think you touched a nerve here Jenny.