Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Happy Halloweener!

Tomorrow is Trick or Treat. Isaiah has decided he doesn't want to dress up and go trick or treating, he'd rather pass out candy.
Well the other night he had his colored pencils and a stack of index cards. I saw him drawing various Halloween things on the cards. Ghost, Dracula, pumpkins etc...
Then he turned them over and was writing on them. He said he was making them to pass out with the candy. I noticed in big writing "WINNER" on the card he was working on. So I checked into it a little more. He thought he'd have a contest!
"Isaiah!" I told him "You can not have a contest and promise a prize and not follow thorugh!". Well that didn't make him happy. He gathered them up and threw them away. I didn't realize it or I'd have saved a few because the were so darn cute! But the way people are now! You promise their kids something and you better follow though!
Mom's giving away full size Hershey bars this year. They seem to be what all the kids want. Usually she gives them a choice and even got Teddy Grahams last year for the little kids.
Of course Naomi won't be Trick or Treating this year. Thank goodness she's my 2nd child. I may have worried more about her missing out, or feeling like she's missing out. She'll have no clue. She'll be excited to see all the kids out. Well actually right now she has a mucus filled nose and it's green mucus too, so we may not even be outside in the cold.
At least I'm saving on costumes this year. :)

2 comments:

SuzanSayz said...

Oh that cute Isaiah. What a creative kid he is.
It's funny that your mom has found the plain hershey bars to be the most popular. Around here it's just the opposite. We usually run out of the Skittles, Starbursts, Nerds, Nerd's Ropes and various other fruit type candy. Sometimes it seems like the Hershey bars are some sort of boobie prize. Of course as long as you're giving them the full sized stuff they are happy to get anything. I had never though about asking a store if I could buy the full sized bars wholesale. I don't know if it would work here. They would probably tell me I would need some kind of business license.
Further Research.

Lisa Christine said...

And let me tell you.....costumes are not cheap....so I would say you are doing well with not having to buy any this year.

Have a happy Halloween!