Sunday, October 18, 2009

Lehman's Hardware Kidron Ohio

First try at taking a photo Naomi to excited about something but she IS looking at me. OOPS next try. Now there's something in the sky exciting her!
Now she turns her head away from us when we say her name.


Last try, Isaiah is getting tired of standing there! I need a digital camera with a faster shutter!





We ran to Lehman's Hardware Saturday. It's not that far from our house and generally I try to go through the week. I'm no tourist. There's something there I want and I'd like to get in, look around a little then leave. It was packed! Lehman's specializes in nonelectric items and supplies Hollywood with lots of period items for Western and period films. I bought a Doughmaker's cookie sheet. I should have taken a picture of the wall of cookie cutters they have. Sleighs, states, leaves, just absolutely anything you could imagine. It's funny to go to a town with no traffic light to try and find some rare item you can't find anywhere else!
It just happened to be the 1st Annual Red Beet Festival. Yeah, beet! They had beet ice cream which I did NOT try!

2 comments:

SuzanSayz said...

At first I thought, how on earth could a hardware store have anything interesting enough to attract tourists. But as you described the kind of store it really is and all of the wonderful merchandise I changed my mind real fast. Now I want to go to Lehman's Hardware.

Galen Lehman said...

Thanks for stopping by! I'm glad you had fun.