Friday, October 9, 2009

More X-rays

Today for no apparent reason Naomi was limping bad on her right leg. Since it was Friday and 4:00 I called the pediatrician to see if they could get us in. The lovely lady from Australia answered and said how about 4:10.
TAKE IT!
We live close enough we weren't even late.
The nurse practitioner saw her. Saw she was limping and felt around. There's nothing obvious. I thought it had just fallen asleep but after more than an hour it should have been better. We got our marching orders and went to the hospital for x-rays and checked in at 4:45. They had to take someone from ER before us so we had to wait until 5:20 ish. It's awful waiting with a toddler!
Of course the radiologist isn't even there to read the x-ray, but I'm sure if there was something obviously wrong the techs would call the pediatricians office. So we have x-rays, but no one official to look at them until Monday.
The good news is she's pretty much walking normally now! So I doubt anything will show up. But I did not want to have to take her to the ER on a weekend. That is hell on Earth!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - just found your blog through "Kendall's Hope" Blog....My stepdad was just diagnosed with lung cancer - stage 3b and my 2 1/2 yr old son is on the ketogenic diet (we just started on Aug 31) - just thought I'd pop in and say hi....seems we have a lot in common these days..
perro941@hotmail.com

SuzanSayz said...

Tons of sympathy for you and Naomi here in Washington State Jenny. I hate any kind of waiting for medical procedures.