Thursday, December 17, 2009

HATE IT!! HATE IT!! HATE IT!!!!!


Look Quick Before She flings It!



Since I first posted this Isaiah said the following to Naomi.

"Sissy, don't think of it as a safety helmet. Think of it as a tiarra."

Last night I dreamed Naomi's helmet came and I actually cried in my sleep seeing her in the first time. Then today at therapy the girls brought her out and she wasn't wearing her helmet but they were carrying it. Her face was red and blotchy. She'd been screaming and crying while they were making sure the fit was right.

In the photos I don't have it on her right. It's not low enough. But I was just trying to get her to wear it. It's a 2 person job getting it on her head I tell ya! It was a fight then I had to distract her and throw in a video so she'd leave it on for more than a second.

It's not the run of the mill helmet. The therapists felt that the regular padded blue one wouldn't work. She'd just play with the strap. So this was was made. It molds perfectly to her head. It's the type of helmet they use for kids who's heads need to be shaped.

She went through so much today I have cancelled the ultrasound that was scheduled for tomorrow. Neither of us need to go through more stress this week and in talking with her ketogenic nurse she said the slightly elevated lipid panel is expected with the diet. So at least now I can cancel with a clear heart without feeling like "Mommy Dearest" and just waiting for children's services to come knock down my door and demand to know why I didn't follow Dr's, well Nurse Practitioner's orders!

4 comments:

SuzanSayz said...

Maybe you should get a silver sharpie and draw a pretty tiarra on the front of it. And then get some craft stick on jewels and decorate it with them. Who knows it might help her see it in a whole new light.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fawn said...

Isaiah is such a great brother. Do you think she'll ever calm down enough to wear the helmet? It doesn't look like it would stay on if she's determined to rip it off.

Uncle Joe said...

I happened upon your blog and was very moved by your story. I am involved with Healthy Chocolate, perhaps the most powerful consumable health and wellness product ever. It is unprocessed raw cocoa and the highest antioxidant food on the planet.

it just might help Naomi, plus it tastes great. Please take a look at my web site and feel free to call me or email. http://unclejoes.org

My number is 262-644-2234

Blessings on you and your family.

-Joe Weinshel