Sunday, December 6, 2009

Kicking off the Holidays

Today was potluck at church then they decorated the church. Bill, Naomi and I left but Isaiah wanted to stay and help our cousin decorate. Not a kid, a 40 something fellow and several other older men who are past retirement age. He helped find the junk bulbs so one of the old guys could repair them.



On the way home we stopped at Sells Farm to see Santa's reindeer. Naomi noticed them and pointed, which is good. There's been times she'd have been oblivious.








Santa saying "Don't pull on Santa's beard". Good luck with that Santa!
When I told my mom that we took her to see Santa she asked if Santa had any whiskers left.
Naomi is notorious for pulling out facial hair in the men in this family! With her teeth!


Saturday we ran to Possum Run Green house for the holiday open house. They have the best Santa and Mrs Claus set up in the area! (on the way home Bill noted he didn't think that Santa would be around many more years. The poor old fellow is very shaky like he has palsy and has a hard time walking. God love him!) When Isaiah was 5 we drove past the greenhouse in October on our way to a wedding reception and Isaiah said "Hey, that's where Santa lives!".



They had two of the most gorgeous Christmas trees I've ever seen! I thought I didn't like fake white trees but these were stunning! One had all red ornaments, cardinals and such and the garland that wrapped up the tree was like red berries. Gorgeous! The other tree had no ornaments it was just those things they stick in the tree. I don't know what to call them. Anyway they were the color of leaves in the fall, but metallic. Like bronze and gold and a metallic red the color of a red maple. If that tree was in my house it would be up all year it was the most beautiful non traditional tree I have ever seen!

3 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

I heard from a friend that there are some reindeer somewhere in my town too. I am going to have to find out where and take my girls to go visit because that looks like so much fun!

Glad Santa still has his beard :)

SuzanSayz said...

Bless your dear old Santa's heart. Have you ever noticed just how pure white and super GLOSSY Santa's hair and beard are.
Hmm. If I didn't know better I would think they were fake. You should go back and take a few photos of those beautiful white trees!

David said...

i saw the reindeer at disneyland a couple weeks ago!