Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Who's side are you on

Ok, If I've blogged about part of this forgive me.
Isaiah has really been assigning things to this side of the family or that.
Isaiah you didn't flush the toilet- "Sorry mom I get that from Dad's side of the family".
Isaiah you didn't shut the gate- "Sorry mom I get that from Papaw's side of the family".
Naomi passes gas very loudly- "OOOOOOHHHH she takes after Dad!"
Isaiah wash your hands- "That's from Grammie!"
When we go to some one's home and they're not home Isaiah puts a broom across the door or moves the trash can in front of the door "Just to let them know someone was here. That comes from the Sayler side". It really does though! This year he's met family members he never really knew before. They are cousin's to my Grandma Naomi who's maiden name was Sayler and guess what! They do that too! The 73 yr old Grandpa Sayler thinks it's hilarious and his son thinks it eerie that Isaiah just seems to do that without being shown or told that it's "a Sayler thing".
About not flushing being from my husband's side of the family.. Funny thing is my Dad's sister said she's pretty sure it's from their side of the family since they never flushed a toilet when they were growing up. They had an outhouse and it was built over a creek so the creek just carried it down stream. My Dad thought his Grandparents were rich because their outhouse had a cement floor.
Isaiah once asked "If Dad is a hillbilly and you are half hillbilly. What does that make me."
I responded "A Buckeye!" Which he thought was hilarious!

1 comment:

David said...

i never gave too much thought to sides.