Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Lost Prince

For some reason I woke up thinking about this movie today. It was made for TV in 2003 and I've caught it a few times on the local PBS station. It's the story of a British Royal who's been lost to history. He's forgotten because he had epilepsy and his family hid him away. Because of his "fits" he was thought of as an embarrassment to his family. It's a very touching movie. I haven't seen it in a while, but I remember there being one brother in particular who tried to connect to this prince. I think the brother who befriended him was Edward, the one who abdicated his crown for the love of the divorced Wallis Simpson. It is a very very good story. If you happen across it at your local library or what ever, check it out.

3 comments:

SuzanSayz said...

I will have to find this film and watch it. I've heard about this little prince before. In fact one time I read (on line) a super long (three very dense pages maybe even four)about him and his family. It was fasinating. It talked of the love his family had for him, and I think it WAS Edward who was his special protector. It did say that the family did indeed hide him away, but it wasn't just shame. They felt that keeping him in the background was the best way to protect him. I think I'll have to google it and read it again. Hopefully. I've found that some things are practically impossible to find a second time for some reason. I'm wishing right now I would have bookmarked it.
Thanks for the movie tip and for reminding me of a very interesting story!

Fawn said...

I'll bet it would make me cry! Thanks for the tip.

David said...

sounds very interesting! i never heard about this.