Sunday, December 20, 2009

Our Vines Have Tender Grapes


OK ANOTHER movie!
I caught part of this movie while flipping through the channels the other night and it was so good! It's a good movie for our times. It was made in 1945 and is basically about a farm community in Wisconsin and a few trials that happen in the community. The last scene had me in tears! After the movie was over the AMC narrator said that the director of the movie was black listed during the McCarthy era. They thought he was spreading communist propaganda. I mention this because the last scene could be construed as such, in a very twisted mind! I'd call it charity, neighbor helping neighbor or a grand act of kindness that kindled a light in others to do the same!
I have to check out our library to see if they have this! It was so cute. If not I may just have to buy it!
I also watched Akila and the Bee on Disney and LOVED it! What a great story!

4 comments:

David said...

i just checked our online library catalog, and none of the libraries carries this. i have never heard of it! will keep my eyes open for ite!

I love akeelah and the bee! it's one of lisa's very favorite movies. and i think it's absolutley fantastic.

Lisa Christine said...

Akeelah and the Bee is one of my top 5 movies. I LOVE IT!!!

David said...

merry christmas!

David said...

oh i realize now that the girl on the movie cover is the one from meet me in st. louis!