Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Back to School Shopping


Well I've gotten the school supplies.
Pencils, erasers, colored pencils, scissors, ruler, dry erase markers, red ball point pens, 5 folders all different colors with clips and pockets. This is the first year I haven't had to buy crayons or glue. Oh, I can't forget the paper towels or Kleenex, they actually specified Puff's or Kleenex.
Now we're on to clothes. I don't buy much at the beginning of the year but a day will come where he needs a pair of jeans that fit and I'd like to have at least one pair.
In case you don't know, it's Marvel comics 70th anniversary. I didn't know until a trip to Old Navy yesterday where Isaiah picked one t-shirt out of a very large selection. They also put a reprint of the original Spiderman comic in our bag.
Isaiah now has 3 t-shirts with marvel comics. We got 2 from Target but it wasn't until our trip to Old Navy that I knew something special was going on with Marvel. They kind of throw it in your face!
I hate buying jeans for him (and for me). I don't know who they make jeans for? Isaiah needs husky, but even they don't fit right. The really skinny kids have a hard time finding jeans too. So where are all the kids who actually fit into the jeans?
When I can just go to a store and buy his jeans by waist and length I will be soooooo happy! When he can go pick them up himself, I'll be even happier!

1 comment:

SuzanSayz said...

My kids were ALWAYS the super skinny ones who even with slim sizes sometimes had to wear highwaters just to have the stupid waist fit.
I like the ones at Children's Place.
They have those nice little elastic extenders built into the inside of the waist.