Wednesday, August 26, 2009

How we celebrated

This is how we celebrated Naomi's crappy anniversary.
First, I colored my hair. My roots were out of control and I've decided I'm done getting it colored. It just grows too fast and I don't have time to go get it colored constantly.
Then we went to where I get my hair cut because I thought I had a 10:30 appointment. I didn't. It's Friday
Then we came home and I made Naomi's 11:00 meal and she ate it up, no problem.
Then about 11:30 or so I put her down for a nap and I laid on the bed to read. I could hear her belly churning from 8 ft. away.
She woke up early, about 12:30 so we came downstairs and she wanted to sit in my lap. So I held her. She threw up on me.
I waited until 1:00 and called the pediatrician's office to make an appointment. I called them yesterday for an appointment. Called them back to move that appointment back an hour. Then called them this morning.
I was trying to get an appointment because I'm afraid Naomi's has a blocked bowel. She's not going poop at all like she should and last night a bit of a "plug" came out and she felt so great. So this morning when she felt better I just cancelled the appointment thinking everything was going to start moving as it should. Then she vomited and I was afraid that the plug was just the tip of the iceberg and so I called the pediatrician back. They probably think I'm nuts!
The doctor said it wouldn't hurt anything to do an x-ray so we went to the hospital for x-rays. This all sounds great but let me add. Our doctor appointment was for 2:30. It was just before 3 when she came in and so I had been in a small exam room trapped with a screaming child for about 15 minutes. A screaming child who was mad and was biting my shoulder and hands, and trying for my face. She just wanted out. Then she figured out how to open the door and when I closed it again, she took it up a notch. I was so happy to see the doctor.
The hospital got us checked in and we headed to x-ray where she was actually happy for a time to be in that waiting room. Then we went to do the x-ray and she had to stand in front of a board. Then lay on a table. Two x-rays were to be done. They checked them before we left and the standing one was missing half her side. So we sat her on the table and took it that way. Oh joy ,what fun that was.
Now it's 3:30 and she was supposed to eat at 3 so that's part of the tantrums. We got in the car and some idiot was pulling out of the hospital in front of me (probably a Dr.) and he throws his van in reverse! Hello!!! BEEP BEEP BEEP. I was laying on my horn. Where did he think I was going to go? There was a car behind me! I came home, thankfully it's maybe a mile away. When we got home outside waiting was Papaw and Daddy so of course she starts with "HEY HEY HEY" all happy to see them.
I told Bill to get her out of the car and I ran in the house and fixed a quick hot dog and fruit meal, the quickest thing I could think of. Isaiah asked me something about corn and didn't hear my reply three times so I sort of raised my voice the 3rd time I answered him and he cowered and I told him sorry but my nerves are SHOT! I can actually feel my arms quaking I'm so stressed. Now Naomi wants to be all lovey and get up and down off my lap and I just feel like a nice glass fence about 3 feet around me on all sides would be great for a while! Plus some sound proofing.]
I had the choice of either staying at the hospital and waiting for the x-ray results (No chance in hell that was happening). Or waiting for the radiologist to read them then he'd contact our Dr. and she'll call me later (Yes, please). So that's what I'm waiting on now. Actually as soon as I wrote that the Dr. called. There's no blockage but there is a lot of poop in there. It's below the colon so a suppository my be more effective. She also told me if I had to I could go up to a full 18 G dosage of Miralax if needed. That's an adult dosage. If that didn't work I don't know what would. If you've ever taken Miralax you know what I mean! Well I better get off here, I've got a suppository to give.

3 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

2 years of seizures...yuck. I would say that 'crappy anniversary' is an appropriate name!

I am sorry to read about your hectic day. I hope things have calmed and that you've gotten some 'free' time. :)

Fawn said...

Damn, I think maybe you should have originally chosen a word other than "crappy". ;P Hope things "clear up" real soon.

SuzanSayz said...

Sending TONS of sympathy your way dear friend!