Thursday, August 27, 2009

GYM

Isaiah had gym class yesterday and he asked me "mom, how are you at push ups?"
That is so sadly hillarious I just can't tell you!
I told him "Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha". I can't even do push up bras anymore. I'm beyond that!
He said he got out because "It's strike one, strike two, strike three, you're out". I guess they have to do push ups and that's what the gym teacher does when they can't complete one.
To that I answered "OOOHHHH hurt me!"
I mean seriously! What is the gym teacher thinking here? Isn't the kid that can't do it the one who needs to keep doing it?
Do you think if you told me to drop and give you 20, that when I tried 3 times and couldn't do it that it would at all make me feel bad that I had to quit. Not quite!
Hello! I am the kid who lost on purpose during high school badminton single elimination tournaments. Thankfully my best friend Julie was in my gym class and she was as much as a gym class underachiever as I was! I mean seriously! It's badminton! Do I want to keep playing or go sit on the bleachers with my best friend and chat for the next 5 weeks? HMMMMMM!
Looking back I was way too smart for my own good and was genius at getting out of doing things! Besides, who remembers who won that tournament anyhow?!

1 comment:

SuzanSayz said...

HERE, HERE!
I was a P E class drop out too. Of course I couldn't REALLY drop out. I had to get myself out all by myself.
Is it really MY fault that I don't have an athletic bone in my whole body???