Thursday, August 13, 2009

Shopping... not so bad

I took Isaiah to Kohls to get some Levi 550s because that's what fits him best. At first I couldn't find his size so I had him try on 3 other pairs. One fit but not great. I finally found his size in 550 and had him try a pair on and they fit! YIPPEE that'over!
Bill told us to look at shoes while we were there. So that was the last thing we did. Isaiah needs 8.5 in mens. I took him over showed him the different shoes. He tends to go for the tennis shoes that look more like hiking shoes. Anyway, he saw some he liked and I said "lets see if they have your size". So I'm looking and he said "How much are these mom?"
I looked at the little electronic tag and said "$59.99"
Isaiah said "Sixty dollars for a pair of shoes!? I am NOT spending that much on a pair of shoes. I was going to tell Dad I HAVE that pair of tennis shoes from Walmart that are fine. Why fix what ain't broke!", and he walked off.
So we didn't get shoes.
I did stop and pick up a pair of jeans for Bill. Isaiah asked why we were shopping for Dad. I told him I have to buy Bill's clothes because if I don't he'll want to wait until Levi's are $19.99 again, and that is not going to happen! I told him Daddy's a little lost in how much clothes cost because he never has to do the shopping, he still thinks stuff is at 1995 prices. Like in June when he wanted Nike tennis shoes, but didn't want to pay more than $30.
Oh well, I buy his clothes and make sure he doesn't buy some tapered leg jeans. He's lost in style too! :)

1 comment:

SuzanSayz said...

Jenny, I am laughing over here. My husband Don is the SAME way. He thinks spending more than 20 dollars on anything to be worn is outrageous.
He found these really great super light weight polo shirts at Walmart. They were 14 bucks. He couldn't decide which one he liked best and I told him to get all of them. He was simply horrified. He actually said to me,"well if I get overtime next week then maybe I'll come buy one or two more." I couldn't believe him. He gets overtime almost every week and it is a LOT of extra money, but here he is afraid to spend 45 or 60 dollars on a few nice shirts.
I am always telling him that it isn't 1976 anymore, (the year we got married) He always says "I know that. But there's NO WAY I'm going to spend that much on clothes.
Gee, if only he had a clue as to how much I spend on clothes. giggle