Friday, August 21, 2009

The Last Weekend

This is the last weekend before school starts and I am really hating it.
Even though Isaiah could stay in his room building Legos all day and only come down for lunch or to watch his sister, I'm going to miss him!
I hate sending him to school. I really really hate it!
I just remember the feeling of who will I sit with at lunch, who will I play with at recess. I just hate that. He thinks he'd love to be home schooled, but both of us could turn into hermits very quickly! He and I do not need a lot of interaction with the outside world.
He's spending his last weekend with his Grammy and Papaw. He's pretty much got free reign to go to their house any time it's available to him. Since Dad got sick I just really feel like he can go when ever he wants! He can spend as much time as possible with them.
You should see what all he takes. A rolling back pack with his clothes, a basket with a big stack of drawing paper and about 50 pens, an old diaper box with Legos and a big stackable plastic storage drawer full of more Legos. They're only like 10 miles away. Sometimes he even takes his PS2. Oh and the movies! He plans special weekends. Different themed weekends. Spiderman, Batman, Indiana Jones or Star Wars. Or Grammy's favorite Pirates of the Caribbean. She just loves Johnny Depp.
Oh well, I guess growing up is inevitable!
Summer just flew by! He's gonna be a 5th grader!

No comments: