Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Keppra Wean

Well Naomi had her last Keppra dosage at 8 p.m. June 21 and so far so good.

She woke up Monday the 22 and had a pretty good sized cluster, before her dose was due, and I just thought "To heck with it!". It had been a week since I dropped her dosage and the Dr. had said every one to two weeks so I just took that out of the equation. If she's gonna cluster on or off the medication I'd rather be with out it.

Well she has been fighting teething for the last week. Her ketones dropped significantly for a full week with nothing done differently on our part. Then this morning they were back up again. So hopefully she's out of the woods with the teeth.

She's been having less than 20 myoclonic seizures in a day. Those are really light too. The other day Bill asked me how she was after her nap and I said "she had 4 but I really had to look for them". Another thing is they seem to be affecting mostly her legs. So it's just her feet turning in that tips me off she's had a seizure. Sometimes she doesn't move at all she just kind of rolls her eyes and you can hear it like it's contracted her diaphragm and pushed air out. Once in a while they'll make her fall. She just did that. She wasn't expecting it and her head dropped slightly and she stumbled backwards and couldn't catch her balance and fell on her bottom. But that's it. I can live with that.

So good days for a while now and we're feeling a little more comfortable and are going to leave Monday for a vacation. Don't tell Isaiah or I'll hear "when we going to Austin's" every 5 minutes until we pull out of the drive!

1 comment:

SuzanSayz said...

That poor little girl. What a tough thing to have to face. I'm pulling for you sweet little Naomi!