Thursday, June 18, 2009

Visiting the Clinic

I've been to Cleveland Clinic quite a few times now over the last nearly 2 years. My parents went up for tests and had time to kill and a volunteer asked "Have you visited the rooftop?". I've never been to the roof top!!!! I want to go now! You can bet I'll be visiting it my next trip there! Mom and Dad said it was lovely. There were indoor and outdoor observation sites and you could look right down Euclid Ave. to downtown Cleveland, which is over 2 miles away. They said you also could see out to Lake Erie. We have to go back in August I'm hoping to be able to take Isaiah and we can visit the roof.
Last week was the first time my parents had been to the clinic and so I went to show them how to get where they were going. It is a little overwhelming at first. Then you get the hang of it and it's easy peasy to get around.
My mom said "how much ground do you think this place covers?" Well, she asked a volunteer that on their most recent visit.-- 140 acres! --We were way off! I knew it was big but my goodness!!!!!! 4 doctors started the clinic after WWI and wanted to serve humanity and never turn anyone away. It's just amazing the talented doctors they've attracted. Everyone is so nice there!
If a family member has any problems I couldn't even begin to tell you how much I would recommend them!
It's always nice to leave a doctor appointment and even though you're not cured you feel hope and know you're in great hands.

3 comments:

SuzanSayz said...

It's funny. I have quite a fear of heights, and even if there is a big plate glass window or a very secure railing I still freak out but as much as I dislike heights, I just love a nice panoramic view. So with fists clenched, teeth grinding, and sweat running down every inch of my body, I have enjoyed being up HIGH and looking down many times.

Trish said...

I am so glad you enjoyed it! I have been up to the rooftop briefly and I can't wait to go spend more time up there! I will be starting work at the clinic as an new grad RN in July and it is encouraging to hear such great things about the hospital.

David said...

by the way, love the appropriate new background!