Saturday, June 6, 2009

Weaning

Naomi is now down to 200 MG of Keppra twice a day. I moved her down to 200 mg in the a.m. a week ago. So much has been going on this week I wanted to wait until we'd be home with no appointments for a few days so I could drop her evening dose down. It's the evening dose I always worry most about because she has clusters in the morning. Then this morning I thought, "Is it the smartest thing to drop her on a Friday night knowing that all the Dr's offices are closed for the weekend?" DUH!
Well, so far so good. Her ketones are down with the calorie increase we did. I've emailed the dietitian and told her to go ahead with the ratio bump. I think we'll just go to 3.75:1 for now and if in 2-3 weeks I still want to bump her to 4:1, I'm calling and getting that done. Even if I have to call her neurologist and whine like a 5 year old and say "But you PROMISED!".
Update on Dad- I called and got him an appointment for Wednesday with a urologist at the Cleveland Clinic. There is none better. We'll see what he says. Dad's current urologist basically said it's still in the prostrate, 8 weeks of radiation you'll be good as new. That was Friday. Wednesday the radiation oncologist said he didn't even know why the Dr. ordered radiation, there was nothing he could do for him. So 2 very different things! From the paper work I've seen even if it is still in the prostrate it's an aggressive form of cancer. Not the slow growing cancer usual to the prostrate.

1 comment:

SuzanSayz said...

Oh Jenny, that's just so scary for your dad, I'm sure. I hope things go well, and that you all will have find peace.

I just had to let you know how much I agreed with your comment about the punishment NOT fitting the crime. I actually think the country would be doing itself a favor if they would just go ahead and legalize pot. Think of the crime that would simply dry up.
Other drugs are truly horrible but the crime and violence that go with them is just as bad.
And in my opinion anyone who hurts a poor defensless child in any way but especially sexually should get an automatic life sentance if not the death penalty.
How did things get so screwed up anyway?