Saturday, September 12, 2009

Mr. McSquinty

Last weekend or so, my mom mentioned that Isaiah seemed to be squinting a lot. So I watched him and didn't see it. I thought maybe he was doing it out of habit, but I tell you I did not see him squinting over his school work. I planned on making him an appointment with an Optician anyway but with all the calls out for Naomi's medicine and her therapy, plus starting even more therapy this past Thursday, I just never made the call.
So yesterday the phone rang and his school's number came up on caller I.D. My first thought was that they were sending him home because he's had a runny nose all week and a case of H1N1 was confirmed at his school and I thought maybe they were overreacting and sending anyone with the sniffles home. It ended up being his math teacher. He can't see the board and she's had to move him way up front and he is squinting. I told her I was aware and making him an appointment. She had told him to tell me but that hadn't happened. He doesn't want those "disk thingys that they put in your eyes". Contacts. I told him he'd probably get glasses if anything. He argued that he doesn't need glasses because he tried on his Grammie's glasses and couldn't see a thing. I had to explain that every one's glasses are specially made for them.
I'm wondering why no one ever picked up on this before or if it's something new. I'm hoping it will help him with his reading and writing also.
So today at 10 that's where we'll be. Getting a vision exam. Getting some answers.

1 comment:

SuzanSayz said...

Oh memories, all I can say is, been there, done that. Don't ever, ever, let them make you feel guilty!