Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What's in a name?????

You know when you name your child it's like they grow into it. You just can't imagine any other name for them.
Isaiah is just Isaiah, plain and simple. No other name would fit him. He's not a Mike, Joe, Phineas. He's an Isaiah!
Naomi is the same. We do call her Sissy a lot though. She even got mail from the dentist the other day that was addressed to "Sissy Keesee". I knew they took note of nicknames. I didn't know they used them for the mailing list.
The other day at Walmart there was a little girl who was all over the place. Loud. Running. Rude. All that and more. Her father told her to act like she had some sense and guess what this unruly child's name was.......... Serenity! I am not kidding! I swear that's what I heard them call her!
I wonder if they feel the same about her name?
Speaking of Walmart check out www.peopleofwalmart.com . A cousin sent me a link and I'll be darned if our local Walmart wasn't on page 13. The car with cats glued all over it is "Catman". He does live up to that name! His car is covered in cats, not stickers, all different forms. Ceramic and plastic all bolted or somehow glued to the body of the car. The horn of the car "meows". In the winter he wears a knit hat with a stuffed cat sewn on top.

No comments: