Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tooth Fairy

Isaiah is 10 and lost a big tooth. It bled like crazy! He immediately said "Dad! Stick it under my bed!" (meaning pillow!). Bill said " Son, remember what we told you about Santa and the Easter Bunny? Who do you think is the Tooth Fairy?"
Isaiah says "Sissy? Papaw? OOO I'd love to see Papaw in a pink tutu and tiara! Let me guess Dad, you're just gonna give me money. Right?"
Bill gave him $5.
This happened on Saturday. The same day my Dad was picking Isaiah up to spend the night and go see Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. Which they really liked.
Sunday evening Isaiah was unpacking his bag from his overnight stay and flashed me a wad of bills.
"Where did you get that money?" I asked
"From Papaw and Grammy." He says
"How much did they give you?" I ask
" $15" he tells me.
"Is there a gold filling in it? What are you doing "shopping" your tooth around?" I say.
Later I call my dad and say "There's been a bit of inflation in the last 30 years. Since when is a tooth worth $15?!"
My Dad started laughing then told me that Isaiah showed them the tooth and told them his Dad gave him $5 and Papaw told Isaiah that he wasn't about to be out done by Bill. So Papaw gave Isaiah $10. Then later my mom gave him $5. I'm not clear whether she knew he'd already been paid twice for it or not.
Anyway, it ended up being a $20 tooth!
I only remember getting coins for my teeth!
He may be a slow reader and writer, but I think he's aced Economics!

2 comments:

SuzanSayz said...

Well we may be in a recession but the tooth fairy must not know it. I wonder what a couple Wisdom Teeth would be worth?

Lisa Christine said...

This is so interesting because I am planning on a tooth fairy post tomorrow :)

Anyways, Alexandra just lost her first tooth and was able to bring home this little book from school where the children get to write their story about how they lost their tooth, etc. One of her little classmates, who is also on her soccer team, got $25.00!!!!!!

Can you believe that?

The tooth fairy wasn't so generous to Alexandra :)