Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Neck of the Woods

Apparently a local farm was featured in a New York Times story about Haycations. I thought I'd post a link to the farms website because it tells a lot about our area. http://morganfarmstudios.com/
This week is the Ashland County Fair. In true fashion, it's humid, rainy and cool in the evenings.
It's just not fair week without some mud!
I asked Isaiah if he wanted to go to the fair one evening and he said "why? You won't let me ride the rides anyway."
No I won't. Every year there are stories about kids electrocuted on Ohio fair rides and such. So sorry but I'll pass on putting my kid on a ride put together with rubber bands and bubble gum.

1 comment:

SuzanSayz said...

My daughter Courtney and her boyfriend Nathan went to our county Fair this summer and he refused to go on any rides. He told her he didn't trust their safety. My kids had always gone on the rides, but it didn't mean I didn't worry. Courtney was okay with the no ride policy, it gave them more money to spend on food and games.
As for me, I've never been a Fair person. Endless walking and looking at farm animals just isn't my thing and it seems the only other thing to do is visit one businesses booth after another. BORING!