Monday, February 16, 2009

Disgusting!

I know i JUST put up a post but then Dr. Phil came on, which I usually don't watch. (he's gotten a little on the "shock" factor side of talk shows)
This show was about Bill's worst nightmare! The girls dressing sexy. Like 12 or 14 year old girls. It's disgusting. I see these girls want to dress sexy but they're not old enough to have jobs so who buys the shorty shorts and skirts? I mean seriously!
My neighbor worked as a nurse in an ER for years and she told me once you'd be sickened by the things they see come in. Young girls, under 10 in thong underwear! I mean seriously! What is the need of that? Pantylines? Are 7 year olds worried about pantie lines! I don't think so! Girls do not worry about what their underwear looks like until there's someone else seeing them!
I saw a 12 year old once in those mini shorts. Someone said "my goodness she has long legs" and someone else said "of course they look long, she has no pants on!" The thing about those shorts was they were from Hollister, and they don't make kids clothes, so they expected an adult woman to fit into those!
I just don't get this giving in to buying them stuff because they constantly ask for it. That would just make me madder and I'd end up taking something away instead of giving it.
I don't know if I was a total anomaly but when I was young I was never "boy crazy". I just always thought, I don't want tied to a male right now. I always knew that one day I'd be married forever and it wouldn't be to anyone in my school so why bother with them!
Before I had Naomi ,Bill said about having a girl "what if she has my blond hair and your big boobs!? You may as well just shoot me when she turns 14!"
He'll have an ulcer before she turns 16! He still refers to my friends 16 year old as a "baby girl"!
KIDS!

1 comment:

SuzanSayz said...

Hey, thanks for the shout out. That was really sweet of you. And yes I really am Donald's mom. I was married at nineteen and twenty when I had "The Boy". We've now been married for thirty two years and still going strong. All my life I've looked much younger than my age. When I was a young mother and people assumed I was my children's babysitter, and people that came to my door would ask for one of my parents, I HATED it. But now that I'm fifty one and can easily pass for early thirties I love it.
I agree 100% with you on young girls wanting to looke like little streetwalkers. Who in their right mind would buy a thong for a fourteen year old? And then to hear of SEVEN year olds wearing them? It just makes me sick. Seeing children, mostly girls, being sexualized at such a young age is one of the scariest things I've ever seen.
I'm excited to get to know you better. Lisa was happy when I told her I had introduced myself.
Catch ya later, I always leave my blog's light on.