Saturday, February 21, 2009

Time Flies

Naomi will be 3 in two weeks!
This also means that she's been having daily seizures for over half her life now.
She started having seizures at 17 months, if you'd have told me then she'd still be seizing daily I'd have wondered how we were gonna make it. But we have made it. One day at a time. The days just roll on.
Developmentally her speech is pretty much still where it was back them. Her large motor skills have improved. Her fine motor skills aren't used as much. She doesn't use crayons much because of her constant mouthing of items.
It would be nice to take back the time we lost to Depakote and Topamax. Both caused some cognitive delays, some of which she's coming out of slowly.
She is sick AGAIN. The bonus is she sleeps better when she is sick! She slept from 8 -6 am this morning! YIPEEEE! Of course she did roll out of the bed at midnight and cry for a tiny amount of time. But fell back to sleep totally unscathed. She didn't have one mark on her from falling and she fell between the bed and the wall. There must have been just enough room for her! She was wrapped up in a plush blanket and it must have padded the fall also.
Waiting on another snow to pass by! We had grass for a while but it snowed again on Thursday and covered everything back up.
I AM SO SICK OF WINTER!

1 comment:

SuzanSayz said...

I would really like to see a picture of your little Naomi.
Also I can NOT agree with you more about Winter. I don't know why, but this year I've just had a harder time putting up with the cold than I normally do.