Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Dreaded Rash

Well, yesterday I put more ointment on Naomi and in a few minutes her skin turned beet red, like a sunburn, and it was warm to the touch. I called the Dr. I also washed her skin, which almost immediately took care of the redness. She had an appointment for today and it's dry skin. Plain old winter itch, run of the mill, dry skin. The Dr. said just to put 1% cortisone on it. She has had lots of dry skin since starting the Ketogenic Diet, though her Neuro. doesn't seem to think the diet has anything to do with it. She also gave me a prescription for her green goopy nose. I'm not sure if I'm going to fill it or not. I mean, if she didn't have seizures I'd just let it run it's course and it hasn't went into her chest yet. I forgot to take a list of antibiotics Naomi CAN take on the diet. The only one I could remember was Ceftin, so that's what the Dr. prescribed. I ran across this list of carbohydrate content of medications a while ago and meant to print it out to put it in Naomi's chart at the pediatricians office. I'm not even sure she has a "chart" anymore! Everything is computerized now!
So it's not ring worm, scabies, psoriasis, eczema, black widow spider bite or any other exciting ailment:) Just your run of the mill dry skin!
OH!!! I posted this then remembered I wanted to add this.... Naomi's pediatrician hasn't seen her for a while and noticed how much more interactive and happy she was during the visit! Thanks to NO Topamax and starting the Ketogenic Diet!

1 comment:

David said...

it's good to hear that the ketogenic diet is working out. i think that lisa's elisabeth didn't have much success with it.