Monday, February 9, 2009

My sick kids

Isaiah says his cough is much better. He announced it when he came down this morning for breakfast. He hasn't quite got that he could complain about the cough and I may let him stay home from school. I think he's only missed 1 day of school so far this year and that's because he threw up in the middle of the night and I told him to stay home. He got up and was going to get ready for school anyhow. He's like his Dad in that way. Bill has not missed a day of work since he started his current job, 11 years ago.
Naomi woke up coughing like the mucus had fell to her throat and of course after having a wonderful day yesterday, had a long 20 minute cluster this morning, they were really light though. Several times she thought they were over and was trying to go get a book, then another would hit her. They didn't bother her at all and were just like a really strong hiccup, so pretty good for being so sick.
What ever that rash was has been taken care of with Blue Star ointment. My friend used that on her kids when they'd get ringworm. That's what Naomi's rash looked like so I tried it and in 2 applications it was pretty much gone. The redness is all gone.
She's sleeping really well at night. She wouldn't go to sleep last night until 10 though! She jumped and jumped in her bed until she tired out! She slept in until 6:30 which is a nice break from the 4:45 a.m. mornings I've been having! So I can hold off on that Dr's visit now.

No comments: