Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ebony and Ivory

Last trip to the neurologist I asked the Dr. about the way Naomi gets so red and flushed. Looks like she's got a bad rash on her cheeks, then it's gone. The Dr. said "well she's pretty fair complected". She is. But then the Dr. added that both me and my husband are both fairly light, him more so than me.

PEOPLE! Is that the understatement of the century or what! HA!

He's got blue eyes, that's about he only thing that keeps him from being albino!

This photo is over 10 years old. I believe it was taken right before (like the day before) we got married. 1997. I look a lot different now. Duh! I think I was 23. I'm 34 now. This was when I was young enough not to care about the effects of a tanning bed on my skin. I also lived in North Carolina. Not that I got to enjoy the sun. I worked 2nd shift most of the time. 2PM-10PM. In a textile mill. Very Norma Jean. When I first walked in the place I told the supervisor that it was just like Norma Jean! I don't think he'd ever seen the movie!

My dad looks a lot older, he's pretty much gray now and no beard (I don't think, I'm so used to seeing him I don't even pay attention!). He has managed to keep his hair unlike his brothers (all 7 of them!).

Bill is the most changed! He has gained at least 50 pounds. I'd say in this photo he probably was about 145-150 pounds and he's 6 ft. tall. He goes between 200-215 now. I know those jean shorts he had on were a 28 inch waist. He would look at this and say that was when he had a six pack. I know the truth, they were his ribs! He had no rear end! If it wasn't for a wallet in one pocket and a pack of gum in the other, he'd of had no bottom! Back at this time it was nothing for him to work 60+ hours a week. The place we worked at would put us on 8 hour days working 13 days then one day off then 13 again for long periods of time (they have since closed their doors in this economy). Bill would often pick up extra, I worked overtime too but kept it to 12 hour shifts. He'd pull double shifts many times a week. He at one time worked 2 full time jobs but it made more sense to just get overtime at one job. His metabolism was so crazy he could hold his hands over me and you could feel the heat generating off him. He was in constant motion. He just never was one to be idle. Somehow, he seems to look somewhat younger to me now than he did then.

That's our apartment building behind us. We had a 2 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath townhouse and paid $325/month, water and trash included! Man I long for those days! It was a nice place too. I missed it for a long time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Ebony and ivory! You're hilarious! Glad to finally have a face for your name, even if the picture is 10 years old. :)

David said...

a 2 bedroom apt for 325? good luck finding that anymore!

Lisa Christine said...

I agree with Fawn...it's nice to have a face to match with the name :)