Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday a.m. a.m.

Friday morning, morning is how early Naomi woke today! She fell asleep right before 8 p.m. on Thursday. Friday at 1 a.m. she woke up. She seemed thirsty, gulped down an 8 oz cup. Then another cup full at about 2 a.m. I figured she'd be up about 2 hours then fall back asleep. She was up until 6:15! I was so tired! Bill was tired too. He got up with us about 3, he heard her screaming. We finally gave in and took her downstairs. She played and didn't seem to be getting sleepy at all until she crawled in Bill's lap and 6:15 and just zonked out. He tried to put her in her bed but she just screamed. So I got in my bed with her. I heard Isaiah get up and I told him he'd have to walk to school today. Bill set out the cereal and a bowl and Isaiah made his own breakfast too.
Isaiah came into my room and said the neighbor boy was walking to school too. I said that was fine. Then I heard the 3 kids that come here in the morning before school come in and very distinctly heard "PAR-TAY". I was wondering what state my home would be in when I went downstairs! Isaiah came to ask when they should leave. I told him at 7:50 they should start getting his stuff together. I heard them all leave and was thankful 5 unsupervised kids were now out of my house! They did a very nice job of being quiet while in the house and must have made it to school just fine.
Unless they're all sitting at the bar down the street!

1 comment:

SuzanSayz said...

Hi Jenny, my name is Susan, I'm Lisa's Mother-in-law and Elisabeth's Grandma. She has told me about your blog and I thought I would come and see for myself.
I can absolutely relate to your lack of sleep due to a child.
My youngest Shawn, 22, is Autisitc with mental retardation. He is one of the loves of my life. He's pretty easy now but when he was young, probably his first 5 years, I was lucky to get more than a few hours of sleep a night. He would go to bed fairly easily. But then around 1 in the morning I would suddenly hear him downstairs watching TV. He had the cutest little laugh, but when I was woken up by his little heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, (we called it his machine gun laugh) I didn't find it nearly so cute. He loved TV, and when he would wake in the middle of the night and decide that he wanted to watch, there was nothing to do but stay down there with him. He was so busy and would get into things that could seriously harm him so he had to be supervised at all times.
Well I have enjoyed reading a few of your posts. If you would like to visit me, my blog is non linear thinking. David has a link to it on his blog. I would enjoy getting to know you.
Susan Sorenson.