Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I finally watched something besides cartoons!

I finally got to watch something I wanted to watch! No it wasn't Indiana Jones, yet again. We did have to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark last night as our "dinner movie".
I rented several movies from the library. Today I watched Freedom Writer's. I loved it! Even though it took me from 4 until 7:30 to watch the whole thing! I have to stop and start over and over. I have to stop to answer a question for Isaiah. I have to stop to change a diaper, or measure a meal and feed Naomi. I never get through anything without interruption!
It was a very moving film! I love true stories!
It was set in Long Beach, California. I went to school with a boy who moved to Ohio from Long Beach when we were in the 6th grade. I remember thinking Long Beach! Wow! Imagining palm trees etc... From the way his life was before he came to our school, I'm guessing he'd have lived in a less than desirable neighborhood and I thought how different his life could have been!
One other reason I had so much trouble being interrupted.. my husband was in lock down at work. Someone found a "bag of white powder in a container from China" and no one knew what it was. Hazmat came, they called the FBI, threatened to arrest anyone who tried to leave. The guy who found it tore it open and dipped his finger in it and tasted it.(what a genius!) Apparently it was oyster shell calcium. It's put in the container to absorb moisture. Like the little packets they put in shoes and purses. Usually it's in a fabric, sort of like a bean bag. This time it was in sealed plastic. My husband was kept at work 4 extra hours!

3 comments:

SuzanSayz said...

Gee, I sure hope he was paid overtime for those four extra hours. That almost would make it worthwhile. That incident sounds to me like a story everyone will be laughing about in a year or two. There are so many movies I want to see, that I never do. I just don't watch enough TV I guess. And now that David has his blog I keep seeing more must see movies every day.

Lisa Christine said...

4 extra hours at work...please tell me that he was paid overtime for it!

Glad you got to enjoy a movie :)

David said...

those suspicious bags of white powder sure seem to show up at a lot of places.