Monday, March 23, 2009

Aggravation & Thankfullness

The hospital Naomi goes to has been in the news a lot lately.
First they did the nations first face transplant.
Then they treated the woman who was nearly killed by her friends chimpanzee. I think she's still a patient.
Today Robert Williams was admitted for heart surgery.
So why am I having so much trouble getting someone to answer some dietary questions!?

One thing I'm very thankful for. A friend from high school and I recently reconnected. Ends up her daughter had meningitis at birth and was taken to the children's hospital that we first went to. She's had some neurological problems but they've never received any answers. The girl turns 7 this year and the other hospital seems to never have even done an MRI. Every time they go for a visit it's the same old thing and no answers. Her teacher's make it sound like she'll be lucky if she'll ever even be able to work at McDonald's. Since we started talking I told her our experience with the same hospital and same neurologist. Then related what a wonderful experience we've had with all the neurologist Naomi's seen at the new hospital. She emailed me today and said she called today to make an appointment and she's waiting for them to call her back. She relayed to the nurse how the child's teachers made her feel about the girls future and the nurse said "but we don't want to UNDER estimate her!" and she said EXACTLY! So she's already happy with the way things are going. The appointment will be for a full developmental assessment. So on her first visit she'll get more answers than she's received in nearly 7 years. I'm hoping all the best for her!

4 comments:

SuzanSayz said...

It sounds like you were meant to connect with your old friend. I hope she will find doctors that are willing to really look into her daughter's problems and not just do token, random tests, once in a while.

Lisa Christine said...

What a blessing that you were reconnected with her! I hope that she has a good experience with the new hospital and that they recieve all the answers that they are searching for :)

David said...

did you find each other on facebook?

Jennybell said...

We did find each other on Facebook! She lives about 15 miles away! Getting together on Friday. Most people I've "found" on Facebok live near. One I just added, I ran into his mom at the Mall this weekend and thought to look him up because he was my 1st friend. We lived next to each other as infants and were friends into toddlerhood.