Monday, March 9, 2009

Barbie Fashion

Here's my loot! This is all the clothes that were in my Fashion Doll trunk
Does anything say 1970's more than this outfit! The gold over sized lapel doesn't show up as good as I wish it would. But you get the general idea.
Here's what is so crazy. I remember where I got this outfit. My best friend when I was very young was Susie. She talked me into trading this cute little number for an outfit of straight leg jeans and a peasant shirt. BOTH of which have come back in style! Anyone seen a person out and about wearing an orange jump suit with a gold belt and an over sized gold collar? ( if you live near L.A or Austin, Texas I realize you may very well have seen someone in exactly this outfit recently! ummm hopefully it was a woman, but if not, I'm not judging)
Since I had Isaiah bring this home he has asked me numerous times when I'm going to go play with my dolls!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so fun to see the contents of the trunk! I never had a Barbie, but I played with them at friends' houses. It's funny you posted this because I was thinking recently I should do a post about Jade's dolls (which are actually my dolls, but she's using them way more than I ever did!) and the collection of clothes I found in a classified ad. Actually, it was a doll with a whole wardrobe (handmade by the grandma) and a cradle with mattress, pillow, sheets, and blankets. But the doll was so ugly and the clothes happened to fit my dolls... so the doll went to the Salvation Army and the rest of her accoutrements stayed!

David said...

i love digging through boxed of old toys and things. of course, i don't have any barbie dolls, but i've got old wrestling figures and star wars action figures and all that stuff.

Lisa Christine said...

What a collection!

SuzanSayz said...

Oh how I wish I had my old toys. I don't even know what happened to them. I suppose my parents got rid of things that we hadn't played with in a while. That's one problem of growing up with five sisters. There just isn't enough room to hold onto things.