Saturday, March 14, 2009

Rawhide

Naomi woke me up at 4:40 a.m. only to fall asleep in my arms at 6! So I'm sitting in the recliner and AMC is showing Rawhide. love old westerns. Especially if their old enough to be in black and white. There are a few disturbing things with this movie! I find myself wanting to report them to children's services!
First the woman brings the baby in. Sets the baby on a bed and comes and goes from the room. That's a good baby that will just sit on a bed and not crawl off ! You'd think they'd be worried about the lit lantern that was within the babies reach. I've been watching this movie almost 2 hours now and I've yet to see them feed or diaper that baby! I've not even seen a bottle. They did let the baby sit precariously on the side of a hot spring while it's mother took a bath on the other side of the hot spring. They also let the baby handle a knife that must have had a 12 inch blade.The baby has been locked in a room with it's mother and even in a small bedroom the mother has very little supervising skills. The baby crawled through a hole in the wall they've been making to escape! Mind you they're in the desert. About 10 minutes have passed since the baby got out through the wall and the mother is just noticing it's found it's way out and is playing around the tied up horses (who mysteriously have a winter coat in the desert!). Oh thank goodness the baby has left the horses and is just wandering aimlessly around the sagebrush and off into the desert hills it goes.
A couple non baby things I noticed...
It was so dark they needed lanterns to see anything down by the stage stop yet up in the hills where they'd taken the woman it was daylight!
An outlaw shot over 7 bullets out of a 6 shooter.
They carried a lantern out and laid it on the ground next to a pile of hay! I don't think you have to be a farmer to know dry hay is extremely likely to catch fire!
This is why I love old movies!
Now I need to turn my attention back to the movie. I'm fairly sure the baby will toddle back to the hot spring and find the loaded pistol right where his mother left it when she bathed.

2 comments:

SuzanSayz said...

Jenny, you are MY kind of movie watcher. I am completely incapable of watching a movie, or even a TV show for that matter, and not notice all the little mistakes and stupid behaviors, and just plain inaccuracys. It drives my family nuts. I usually manage to bite my tongue part of the time but some things are just so glaring I can't keep it to myself.

Lisa Christine said...

Yes, Jenny....you ans Susan would get along really well! She finds all these kinds of flaws in movies, shows, and commercials.....which is one of the reasons I love her!

On a side note....don't you just love it when your child falls asleep in your arms? Those are the moments that I never want to end.