Thursday, March 5, 2009

GULP!!!!

Naomi's state insurance (BCMH) which acts like a 2nd insurance for us ran out as of Jan 31. I sent in all the paperwork in early November. I got it back to them as soon as I could! There may have been a 2 week period between me receiving their package and me sending in all necessary paperwork.
I called to see what the hold up was in mid January. I talked to our local county health nurse who's over the program in our area. She doesn't do any of the paper work she can just inform me what is going on in Columbus where everything is done. When I told her Jan. 31 was when coverage ran out she joked that if they had until the 31st they'd surely not hurry to get to it, but since I got my stuff in so early they usually try to help those who don't wait until the last minute and they'd probably get to it soon.
Well it's March now and I still don't have any paper or coverage from them. I did call directly to Columbus about a week ago to see what was happening and they gave me all the dates everything was received and said everything was put on the nurses desk for review on February 2nd. Nothing has changed since the last time we went through this so I don't know what the hold up is! It is so frustrating!
Today I went to pick up her Keppra prescription. Usually I don't pay a dime for it because BCMH pays for it. Well I paid a pretty penny for it today! $80!(that's the price AFTER insurance has paid it's part!) As the prescription is written that is a 20 day supply! See why I titled this GULP? Thankfully we have decreased the Keppra and now that's a 30 day supply!
I'm so thankful for BCMH! It's need based not income based which is great that there's finally something out there for working families. I just wish they'd push the needed paperwork on through so Naomi can have coverage again!

1 comment:

SuzanSayz said...

There would be nothing more scary for me than to not have insurance. My daughter Heidi and her husband Jeff, don't have any insurance at all. Fortunatly their two girls Abbey and Lindsay my two oldest grandchildren have state health insurance most of the time. But it usually happens that for a few months every year something messes up and they have to wait 2 or 3 months to get it started back up. It's a scary time for them because Abbey has bad asthma.
I hope things work out super quick for you.