Tuesday, March 24, 2009

HGTV

What's up with HGTV and all the match.com commercials???
One said "It doesn't hurt to look".
Uh, yeah it does! If I caught my husband on match.com, trust me it would hurt! A LOT!
Do a lot of single, lonely people watch HGTV? I thought it was old married people like myself. Looking for ideas we could do on the cheap. Or dreaming Candice Olson would show up and give a Divine Design to my entire house. Can I just say, I have a real fondness for Chico on that show! and if Edward ever showed up with his sewing machine, I'd make him my slave until every window was dressed, every bed and pillow covered!
I still love This Old House though and refer to Tommy Silva as my 2nd husband. My husband understands! Mariah Carey is his 2nd wife. I'm pretty sure she's not as useful as Tommy though. I guess that all depends on what my husband wants from her I guess .... HHHHHMMMMM. At this age, I'm pretty sure my husband would walk out on her when he figured out she couldn't cook. He turns 40 this year and his priorities have changed.

2 comments:

David said...

i don't think it's just old married or lonely young people, everybody loves hgtv. it's on all the time in the breakroom at work. i especially like househunters, design on a dime, designed to sell, deserving design, and color splash.

SuzanSayz said...

I LOVE HGTV. In fact I have a new fantasy. It's to be sick (well maybe more like bedridden, maybe with a broken leg that has to be in traction) And all I could do all day long for, oh, say a couple of weeks, would be to watch HGTV 24 7. I would also have a really good book. That way I could read for a few hours, get tired of that, take a nice little nap, wake up, eat, watch four or five hours of HGTV, eat, and then a few more hours of reading and spend the rest of the evening watching more HGTV.

Awwwwh. A girl can dream can't she?