Monday, October 6, 2008

Almost done with Topamax

Today we're going to 15mg in a.m. and p.m. So she should be done with this in the next couple days. She's still having daily seizures, but still no worse than when she was at the highest dosage. She's had a really good day, then she'll have a bad day. There's no rhyme nor reason to it! When she was on Topamax at higher levels she was less vocal, and when she'd get frustrated she'd bite her hands, HARD! She didn't seem to feel it. The Dr. said it's possible she didn't . People report numbness in hands and feet. Also one parent we met in the PMU said that their son was on it and put his hand on a hot stove and didn't feel a thing. She also had loose stool (like peanut butter). Yesterday was the first really formed b.m. I can remember in a long time. I also used to see little black specks in her b.m. I'm not seeing that anymore. Other than that I can't really think of anything else. I'll probably think of something later!

No comments: