Friday, October 10, 2008

Give me a break Angelina

I just read an article about Angelina Jolie, apparently a magazine is publishing some private photos Brad took of her where she's apparently breastfeeding and you can see part of her breast and a little hand clutching it. Sorry, big deal! Most people who've breastfed, especially those who've had to do it in public at some point could care less about her little piece of boob that the media seems to think is a big deal. (FYI it was illegal to breast feed in West Virginia until 2005, my dad and hubby's home state).
To paraphrase, Angelina's just so lucky because Brad finds her body even more beautiful after all it's been through. I'm sorry if I don't give him a big old pat on the back for that! I'm sure she has issues she just had twins but give me a break! She's not even a little over weight. If she'd ballooned up to oh, I don't know 120 lbs (being sarcastic) maybe then I'd think a little more of how Brad still loves her body.
Now my husband deserves a big old pat on the back, heck he should get the Congressional Medal of honor! He loves me more today than the day we got married and tells me he wouldn't know what to do if something happened to our marriage. My boobs are bigger, yes, but that's not a good thing! I was already a large C then! They're also lower! My first baby was 10lbs. 7 oz and 22 1/2 inches long and had a big old head. I gained 100 lbs with him, lost 40 before I even left the hospital, lots of water. I have so many stretch marks I probably only have about 4 inches across my back that have no marks. My butts gotten wider and flatter. Also just to add insult to injury, come late October, since I'll be in jeans all the time, I'll probably only shave my legs about once a week, that's right. Who's gonna know?? Besides we get cold winters, I need the extra warmth! I'll have to keep the gas furnace turned down so we can afford the heating bill. So it's like free insulation! As my cousin's husband told her his "investment has sure grown!" In these economic times, with our mutual funds below purchase price, he should be glad he's invested so much in me and his investment has surely grown!

No comments: