Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sesame fanatics

I must say ,as I sit here watching Sesame Street, that in this house we are Sesame fanatics! I loved Sesame Street as a kid. If you've never read THE GREAT COOKIE THIEF you are missing out! I had a whole collection of Sesame St. books. After we had Isaiah he started watching Sesame Street and I can thank them for him knowing his ABC's before he was 2, not just the song he recognized them individually too. He also could count to 15 before 2, which has a lot to do with Sesame St. too. Of course we didn't just park him in front of the T.V. but I think this program added a lot to his learning. Now Naomi watches it, and Isaiah will admit that even though other 9 year olds think it's for babies in his words "you gotta admit, Elmo's pretty cute!" Naomi has a very low attention span but will pay attention to Sesame St. What is it!? Is it the colors? The kids voices? All the movement? Both my kids and my nephew loved the 25 yr Celebration video, I mean LOVED! We have tons of DVD's, videos and books! They just never get old. A new favorite of mine is a segment called Meal or No Meal. Isaiah like the Indiana Jones spoof of Texas Telly. I tell ya! They are some creative folks at PBS and if I ever win the lotto we may have to make a hefty donation to our local station because plenty of times they've been my nanny!

No comments: