Thursday, October 16, 2008

One good thing...

One good thing about a trip to a children's hospital is you realize just how little your worries are. Last February when Naomi had her first stay in the hospital I was feeling a little blue and walked down to Starbucks to get us some good coffee. Walking through the hospital I passed a little girl who'd obviously been burned in a fire. She looked like she had melted. She was walking but her face was very disfigured. I thought, that child is scarred for life. I wasn't thinking about her outward appearance, but the pain she'll go through when she grows and her skin won't stretch! Poor thing! I got back to the room and told my husband "our worries are few"
Also the hospital we go to is world famous and I'm thankful we're an hour car ride away! When you hear the people in the next room worried about catching their flight, or meet people who are from a whole different continent, not just country! Continent!. I just can't tell you how wonderful it is to have world class care in your back yard!

No comments: