Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Highlights!

One day child life services from the hospital bought into our room a nice young medical student who played guitar and sang a few songs. It was very nice. It was also the day Naomi was fasting so she wasn't the best audience. He did win her heart when he gave her a little egg to shake, she loves that. Though got upset when I kept having to say "NO MOUTH". It looked too much like food I guess.
The third day we were there was filled with activity. A therapy dog made the rounds and Naomi got a lick, then she bumped back into him and we saved him from a big, wet open mouth toddler kiss. He was a big white dog with hair like a Chow or Pomeranian, but he was snow white. Beautiful.
Then 3 members of the Cleveland Browns made the rounds and signed a penant for her. We took her up to the play area and the team was up there too. It looked busy to me so I told my husband "she'll never get in there, I'll run and get us some lunch". Apparently about the time I left the team mascot came out and Naomi giggled, and put her hand to his paw and cracked up laughing. Then he started goofing off and running in place and pointing at her and she just kept giving him a precious shy smile.
The final highlight is we got out of there! YIPEEE! Also the very nice man who volunteers and we see him often, stopped us on our way to the parking garage and said "are you being discharged today". I told him yes, I thought, don't tell me he's gonna call back and make sure she's allowed to leave! I wanted out. He said "do you have your discharge paper" I had a hand full of papers. He showed me the one he was talking about and told me to give that to the parking attendant and I wouldn't be charged today. Well I assumed just for today, Wednesday. Sounded good to me, it's like $12/day! So I did what he said and the woman wrote our name down and just said "okay, thanks you" and lifted the gate and we left without paying for any of the days we were parked there. Parking is at such a premium we had at least 4 cars with drivers foaming at the mouth wanting our spot when we pulled out!

No comments: