Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sweetest Day

Sweetest Day is this Saturday and I believe it was even created here in Ohio, by a card company. This morning at 7 a.m my mom stopped by to stay with Isaiah while I took Naomi for a blood draw. This is a woman, who, when I was growing up put off all presents for Christmas or my birthday (July, conveniently just about 1/2 way to Christmas). So I should have been surprised when she had a little bag in her hand, but I'm not. See the grand kids are sooo much different. She bought Isaiah the new Indiana Jones movie that just came out. Oh, but she didn't just buy it for him. Get this, it's an early Sweetest Day present! I guess it's not spoiling him if you can come up with a "valid" reason for a present. Maybe I should complain, we're not Jewish, but didn't Rosh Hashanah just pass? And what about Columbus Day! For goodness sake! Do the make a holiday a day calendar or anything?

No comments: